Prior to founding Worthington, Hughes & Hoar, P.C. in September 2015, Kevin spent 25 years with a local firm in Massachusetts where he was a stockholder/principal and developed a strong knowledge and background in the fields of accounting, auditing, financial statement preparation and income taxes.
Kevin provides auditing, financial statement preparation, management advisory and tax services to a diverse client base in a wide variety of industries including those in manufacturing, real estate and construction, retail, professional service companies including engineers, doctors and other professionals and not-for-profit organizations. Kevin’s knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulations (including multi-state tax filings) makes him a valued tax advisor to his clients.
In addition to GAAP audits, Kevin performs audits in accordance with government auditing standards and overhead audits for engineering companies required in connection with the MassDOT prequalification requirements and other governmental agencies. Kevin oversees the firm’s Massachusetts Film Tax Credit services, providing AUP and credit application services to several motion picture companies. Kevin is a Certified Valuation Analyst who performs valuations of closely held businesses for various purposes, including, purchases and sales, buy/sell agreements, dispute resolutions, divorce and estate and gift taxes.
Kevin resides in Tewksbury, MA with his beautiful wife and their amazing dog.
- Castleton State College, BS, Accounting (magna cum laude)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Member of the MSCPA Audit and Accounting Committee
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Wilmington, MA Rotary club, serving as an officer and director